Thursday, January 26, 2012

The day you realize you no longer know who you are.

I woke up on the 21st of January and took a long look in the mirror. Was that me? The once young, thin, fun and fabulous girl was now a tired, old, frumpy and obese mom of two and wife to Louie for 30 years. We all glance at ourselves periodically and think about the way we used to be and sigh that we are changing but do you ever just look into the mirror and straight into your own eyes and deep into your own soul? Try it. One of two things can happen; you smile and say "hello" or you gasp and ask "Who the hell is that?". I did the latter. I knew right then and there I had to make changes in my life.

This blog will be about life as a 49 year old in a small town in Texas. There will be tears, joy, hate and love but most of all it will be real. Take this journey with me as I make major changes in my life.

P.S. The text in this blog is purple. Purple is for passion. I love it! <3

7 comments:

  1. Love Your Intro! You're Awesome. < hug >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirstin thank you! I am hoping to be able to speak from the heart and say the truth, even if it hurts! Life is a journey and you can keep it to yourself or share the ride. I am hoping to share the ride!

      Delete
  2. Reading your first entry fits me to a tea. I have been going through the same thing too. So many changes in my life and I am hoping this will be a fantastic year, even though the changes will be hard. Hang in there and maybe we can help each other out. Big Hugs! You are an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I touched on something you can relate to. I promise to discuss the good, bad and ugly. In the end we will all make it through but at least while we are here we have someone to share the journey with. Love you!

      Delete
  3. Sissy, I love your intro. It is so real and I am so looking forward to hearing about your journey. I have also been looking to make changes, because I am so tired of just being. I want more from life. I heard a preacher say the other day, actually it was T.D. Jakes, "Blessings come outside your comfort zone." I immediately thought how I love being comfortable doing what makes me happy in my comfort zone. My flesh is spoiled and it wants what it wants and almost always, it wants it right now. I want more from myself. I want more self control and self discipline in my life. Here's to making this a better year, a better life for us. God bless you on this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete