Thursday, August 20, 2015

I am officially an Oma!

When my grandson was born I was so excited to be called "Oma". We are of German descent so this is what my kids called my mom and I called her mom. It is an honored title that is taken very seriously. From the first moment I laid eyes on my precious Kade Joseph I felt this deep feeling of having to give him anything and everything he could ever hope for. In return I would be called Oma and he would want to spend time with me because I am just cool like that! (this was the plan!) Yesterday on my way home from work my phone rang but I could not answer. When I got in the house I saw that I had missed a facetime from my beautiful daughter in law. On my phone was a short video of her and Kade who was sitting in her lap. I played the video....I cried tears of joy...my grandson wanted to facetime his Oma! Although he does not say Oma quite like most, he made it clear he wanted to talk to me. Of course when I called back he was done with me in 60 seconds and I had to put Bella on the phone to lure him back, but the thought is what is important. I am officially an Oma!! Can it get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment